901 N. Rio Vista Rd.
Socorro TX. 79927
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Office: (915) 860-8615
volunteer program description
The City of Socorro is proud to work hand in hand with it’s community members for the resilience and advancement for the future of our community! Through volunteer opportunities community members ages have a variety of options to contribute their talents & time in a variety of opportunities. City volunteers not only earn community service hours but can also work towards creating real change in the way our Socorro works.
Volunteering with the City of Socorro will provide experience applicable to your resume, along with a new set of learned skills in a professional and municipal government setting. By offering these opportunities to our community members we aim to recruit, train, and mold volunteers into great applicants for the workforce and possibly for our very own city staff (positions availability required). Through a rigorous training program we want to assure you that we will do our best to provide you with a meaningful and rewarding experience.
In addition volunteering allows the public to:
- Obtain a greater understanding between the City workforce & the community members we serve
- Visualize the daily work by City Staff towards the completion of projects & developments.
- Help beautify their city
- is a way to renew job skills, explore new career opportunities and update work experience
- Fill their time with valuable experiences
who can volunteer?
- Anyone over the age of 18 or in a school work study program
- Service & Philanthropy groups looking for projects
- Medical & Nursing Students
- Cosmetology Students
- People wishing to give back to their community